Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF) is a practical, flexible, and proven approach to delivering solutions. It has been successfully applied to a range of project types with varying complexities and within an assortment of environments. Refined and evolved over a dozen years, MSF provides guidance in not only how to define, design, build, stabilize, and deploy a solution, but also how to organize, ready, and govern the team to handle the dynamic nature of solutions delivery.
MSF is structured as an adaptable and scalable framework upon which specialized and prescriptive methodologies can be built. It includes a set of natural checks and balances that work to maximize quality and agility without adding undue governance. That way, MSF can be a basis for both an agile as well as a formal approach to solutions delivery. By providing a solid and comprehensive foundation, organizations can create their own methodology that is tailored to their needs or select a range of pre-packaged MSF-based approaches such as MSF for Agile Software Development.
The MSF Team Model specifies six roles:
- Product Management keeps in close contact with customers (whoever is paying for the project), both to inform them of progress and also to learn of changes in the business needs and requirements. Product Management’s goal is to satisfy the customer.
- Program Management is responsible for the budget and schedule, often considered the traditional responsibilities of project managers.
- Logistics Management focuses on making the solution easy to deploy and manage on an ongoing basis. This team member often is the interface to the Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) team that will operate the solution.
- Development is a unique role because it cannot be shared with other roles. Everything you can remove from developers’ plates shortens the critical path. Developers are tasked with making sure the solution meets specifications.
- Testing ensures that the solution isn’t released until all issues are known and addressed. To keep the overall project moving, it’s important to understand that testing has a different perspective than the development role. To a developer, a successful test is one that passes; to a tester, it’s one that finds a bug.”
- User Education represents the interests of end users, making sure the solution actually increases their productivity.
Why ClinkIT Solutions is your Microsoft Partner of choice
Whether building a company, growing profitability, or looking at ways in which you can be more competitive, more agile and responsive, ClinkIT Solutions as a 6x Gold Microsoft Partner provides you with services, technologies and solutions specifically designed to help you accomplish your priorities, overcome challenges, and address issues by helping you:
- Serve your customers better
- Acquire new customers and manage those continuing relationships effectively
- Control costs, while growing the business – or reduce costs without hampering the business
- Make decisions quickly, based on accurate and up-to-date information
- Take care of your employees, reducing turnover and human resource costs
As a 6x Gold Microsoft Partner, we provide Microsoft-based business solutions to fit your unique needs and future goals. Microsoft solutions, woven together with your business needs and the expertise of technology professionals at ClinkIT Solutions enable the success of your business by:
- Allowing you to serve your customers better. Our team streamlines processes, enhances your capabilities, and leverages solutions, like Microsoft SharePoint and Dynamics 365, for improved employee and customer collaboration.
- Working closely with your team. We help you to enhance your communication and collaboration capabilities with customer relationship management (CRM) enabled by Microsoft Exchange, Dynamics 365, SharePoint, and Office 365.
- Managing and reducing costs – including the cost of information technology (IT). Cloud-based solutions, such as Microsoft Cloud solutions or Azure, create a secure, mobile-friendly environment, helping your organization address the everyday challenges you experience – effectively and efficiently.
- Making decisions quickly and confidently. By leveraging the capabilities of a Microsoft Business Intelligence solution, you can pull information from your internal systems into a single, reliable view of the truth that serves as the platform for your decision-making and management processes.
- Strengthening collaboration and communication with your employees. We eradicate cumbersome technologies, focusing on productivity, ease of learning and making your employees productive, from anywhere, on any device, by implementing Microsoft Office 365 – including Exchange online, SharePoint online, Power BI and Office.
- Securing your internal processes. We assist you with managing confidential data and the surrounding risks to help ensure your organization is consistently secure and compliant.
At ClinkIT Solutions, we collaborate with businesses across industries, so we understand the issues and challenges you face every day. We identify risks and opportunities for improvement, while keeping your priorities top of mind. From consulting and strategy to customization and optimization, our services are built to contribute to your overall success – and to simply get the job done.
With the right Microsoft solutions, your organization can start winning with IT. Our Microsoft service desk solutions enable businesses to stay ahead of the competition with the most up-and-coming cloud, hardware, and software technologies. Whether you’re making the switch to a Microsoft enterprise solution for your internal IT department, or need assistance with upcoming IT infrastructure projects, our Microsoft solutions have you covered.