Digital marketing is the act of achieving marketing objectives through applying digital technologies and media. A truly omnichannel digital marketing strategy will integrate technology and media across different marketing.
Whether you’ve been in business for decades or a day, one of the most difficult things to predict about your operations is how to reach target audience, engage with them, and convert them into paying customers. The most pristine product development and highly efficient logistics in the world won’t matter if you cannot get your message across to the right people at the right time.
To ensure the effectiveness of your digital marketing strategy digital technologies such as company websites, mobile apps, social media company pages, search engines, email and automation, and digital partnerships must be integrated with traditional media such as print, TV, and direct mail as part of multichannel marketing communications.
At ClinkIT Solutions, we have put together a blog post answering some of the most common questions we get related to digital marketing. Here are the top 10 questions you might be afraid to ask about digital marketing!
- Why is digital marketing preferred over traditional marketing?
Answer: Some of the reasons contributing to the success of digital marketing over traditional marketing are:
- Better interaction with customers
- Easy access to product/service information for consumers
- Faster real-time optimization
- Global reach
- Higher internet penetration
- More accurate tracking of leads and performance
- Superior performance-focused ROI
- Do I need to run a digital marketing promotion and how can I do it successfully?
Answer: Yes, you should. Running promotions is digital marketing 101. Here are some key elements to consider:
- Set Goals: Figure out how much product you want to sell or how many new clients you want to gain. Knowing your goals will help you measure your success.
- Keep it Informative: Keep your digital marketing promotion enlightening, friendly, and interesting without sounding desperate for sales.
- Create Demand: Limit it to a short window of time to incentivize customers to act now.
- No Spamming: There is a difference between building anticipation and spamming. Your potential customers do not want their inboxes flooded or their social media feed overpowered by your posts.
- How can I drive digital traffic to my site immediately?
Answer: Leveraging social media with posts that include links back to your website is a great way to funnel traffic to your site within a relatively short time frame. Additionally, generating leads through engagement in online public relations – such as answering a HARO (Help a Reporter Out) query in which you function as a subject expert, or writing a press release for online distribution – are also strong tactics for quickly amassing digital traffic.
- What is the most cost-effective digital marketing method?
Answer: The most cost-effective digital marketing method is the one which offers you the highest rate of return on your investment. If you’re looking for instant gratification you should look to Google Ads, if you’re planning a longer-term strategy, SEO would make the most sense. Consider a blend of Social Media, SEO, SEM, and press to yield the best results while capturing your entire audience.
- How do I determine the digital marketing budget and how do I justify the investment?
Answer: Developing a digital marketing budget is definitely a science. Set up specific goals and find out, for example, the value of a client or the average conversion rates in the industry. To justify the ROI, track and measure all campaigns using analytics.
- How long does it take to see digital marketing results?
Answer: The length of time it takes to see results depends on several factors: where you start, budget, focus areas, and competitors. However, you need to stick with a digital marketing strategy for about six to twelve months before you start to see meaningful results.
- Is it worth it to do paid ads or should I instead invest that money into organic growth?
Answer: A healthy mix of both is always beneficial. It also depends on the goals of the business and how competitive it is in their industry’s digital space. SEM can be very targeted and tends to supply more immediate results, while SEO is primarily working on the website for long-term website relevancy.
- What is the best way to digitally reach B2B and B2C businesses?
Answer: The key is to utilize targeted solutions that deliver your message to your prospective clients at various stages in the buying cycle. Digital display utilizing retargeting, custom email and social media are key in the Awareness stage. Staying on top of SEO, investing in SEM (Google Ads), and solid content marketing are pillars in the Research stage. Continued content marketing, reputation management, social engagement and a conversion-friendly website are all needed in the Evaluation and Purchase stages.
- How does one keep updated with the trends in an ever-changing digital marketing industry?
Answer: The key is not to stick to a single strategy year on year as this tends to see results slow and campaigns stagnate. Determine what is relevant to your requirements, follow influencers in marketing technology, and expand your skill set through continuous training.
- Do I need to outsource my digital marketing?
Answer: Digital marketing is a daunting task that is hard to do alone. As a business owner, you have enough to worry about without dealing with digital marketing. Outsourcing with a reputable agency lets you work with marketing pros who know the ins and outs of business success.
Need a winning digital marketing strategy?
Book your FREE CONSULATION with ClinkIT Solutions today.