This position will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins. Must be motivated to combine the art of design with programming, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- With a minimum of 3 years working experience for the position
- Strong proficiency back-end technologies (such as PHP or .NET)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN)
- Website creation tools (WordPress)
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages.
- Knowledge on how to interact with RESTFUL APIs and formats
- Familiarity with JIRA and Agile project management is a plus
Duties and Responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Design and build the front end of WordPress websites, which is what the user sees and interacts with. They design website layouts and add content, often using languages like HTML and CSS. Some front-end WordPress developers study how people use the website so they can make changes to the user experience and make the site more visually appealing and user-friendly.
- Back-end development is work that WordPress developers do on the server-side, which controls how the site works and encompasses changes and updates. Back-end work involves databases and servers, and developers work on features like structure, security, and content management. They write code in languages like PHP or .NET, which are compatible with databases.
- WordPress utilizes themes and plug-ins, and WordPress developers work with code to create them. Themes manage the display and layout of a page and are usually available for purchase to WordPress users. Plug-ins are add-ons that add functionality and elements to WordPress pages.
- WordPress developers spend time monitoring WordPress web applications to make sure they are online, working correctly, and loading quickly. They respond to error codes and troubleshoot problems.
- Depending on their work venue, WordPress developers attend agency meetings or meet with clients. Some developers focus on working with clients to conceptualize their ideas to help bring the client’s vision into reality.
Please send your most updated CV to [email protected].