A Customer Operations Engineer acts as the escalation point and troubleshooting resource for operations teams around the globe. From responding to datacenter outages, to providing operational and infrastructural advice, we’re here to make sure that our customers are successful with our platform and associated technologies.
Do you have a passion for troubleshooting and love digging into complex issues that may be brand new? Does a day filled with tasks ranging from digging into source code or evaluating a network stack to testing customer configurations or replicating deployment issues sound like a good time? Does understanding how things work, or why they don’t, sound fun to you? If the answer is yes, please apply!
We are specifically looking for people who live in the APAC region. This is a remote position but no matter where you work, you’ll have opportunities to work with some of the brightest minds in cloud and distributed computing.
Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Problem-solve and think laterally as part of a team, or individually to meet the needs of the project
- Work within project timelines and budget constraints
- Highlight potential opportunities and project risks to management
- Research, identify, reproduce and document bugs in the product
- Understand, investigate and explain conclusion of frontline level tickets where there are often known bugs & existing workarounds.
- Escalate issues in a cohesive & complete way to backline support engineers & engineering teams
- Maintain forward momentum in tickets, providing customers both answers & updates on current progress.
- Proactively utilize tools available to determine if ticket describes a known issue, such as: Slack search, JIRA search, KB articles, older tickets
- Able to work directly with Field Operations (Sales, Account Management) to process, defect & feature requests encountered during adoption & retention efforts.
- Effectively triage & respond to all cases, urgent to low, independently
- Independently find points of error & identify root cause in the customer log files & report relevant details to engineering
- Assist with project estimation (time/budget) in pre-sales opportunities
- Provide opinions, concepts, and recommendations by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends in technology and human behavior
- Proactively contribute to the general work culture at Skykomish, Inc.
- Other related duties assigned to you by your supervisor
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline is desired
- 2-8+ years of working experience in the related field for this position, of which 2+ years are in support engineering role
- Must be experienced with:
- Cloud infrastructure & deployment (Amazon, Azure, Google, etc)- Unix/Linux system administration
- Docker, UCR, or other containerization technologies
- Root cause analysis
- Networking fundamentals (DHCP, DNS, HTTP, TCP, etc)
- Ticketing systems experience (JIRA, Salesforce, Zendesk, etc)
- Troubleshooting resources
- Must be familiar with:
- Kubernetes or Apache Mesos
- Large production deployments
- Scalable, distributed, & highly available systems
- Cassandra, Spark, ELK stack, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Kafka, TensorFlow, HDFS, etc
- Open Source projects
- Must have the following traits
- Analytical (detail-oriented)
- Growth mindset and open to new ideas/feedbacks
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrates appropriate work/life balance
- Must have your own device (laptop)
- Good and stable internet connection
- Has a proactive and positive attitude
Please send your most updated CV to [email protected]. Providing a cover letter is highly encouraged.